The Lunz Group is seeking a technologically-savvy candidate that thrives in a creative and collaborative setting to join our team in our Lakeland Office. Currently we are in search of an Architectural BIM Modeler to assist in the design and documentation of a variety of jobs. The candidate will be active in the refinement and implementation of documentation strategies between our three offices. A portfolio with medical, higher education and governmental jobs is preferred.
Seniority Level: Entry
Location: Lakeland, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities of Architectural BIM Modeler:
- Create 3D BIM models to a high level of accuracy.
- Develop plans, sections, elevations and details from a 3D BIM model for projects of all sizes and technical complexities.
- Setup and manage large sheet sets including revisions and markups for each project.
- Assist and direct BIM workflow.
- Create 3D views or renderings on an as-needed basis for marketing or project use.
- Use advanced tools such as Navisworks for project collaboration across multiple disciplines in a BIM environment.
- Interface with architects and consultants through concise communication and drawings.
Qualifications of Architectural BIM Modeler:
- Experience and high working knowledge of REVIT Architecture and AutoCAD Architecture.
- Experience and high working knowledge of interfacing with REVIT Structure and MEP
- High level of proficiency and understanding of 3D parametric modeling
- Excellent understanding of 3D parametric modeling to maximize the benefits of an integrated building model.
- Thorough understanding of building components for modeling structural components intelligently and efficiently to ensure the integrity of the structural model.
- Strong working knowledge of drawing production, standard construction techniques and principles.
- Excellent skills in relation to rendering and graphic formats and their manipulation and output.
- Experience in Rhino, Grasshopper, TEKLA, and data exchanges between BIM platforms is preferred.
Beyond responsibilities and qualifications, it is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to collaborate, communicate, solve problems as well as have a strong customer focus.
Built on four core values – Communication, Collaboration, Composition and Sustainability – The Lunz Group is a values driven, design-forward, client-centered firm. We believe in adding value to the built environment for our clients and our communities. We provide a high level of service and the solutions are consistent, well designed, and sustainable. We strive to innovate through our design process, managing the unknowns and planning for tomorrow.