The Lunz Group is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual that thrives in a creative and collaborative setting to join our team in our Lakeland Office. We are in search of a Controller to manage and improve our firm’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations. The ideal person would be collaborative, task-oriented and organized.
Seniority Level: Entry
Location: Lake Morton Office (Lakeland. FL)
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities of Controller:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
- Coordinate with external accounting firm for annual tax return
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Answer inquiries from staff, vendors or clients and communicate financial information to Project Managers
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Manage Human Resources Assistant, Risk Manager and Studio Coordinators
Qualification of Controller:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time adequately
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instructions
- Observant, self-motivated with a certain amount of follow-through
Beyond responsibilities and qualifications, it is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to collaborate, communicate and solve problems, as well as have a strong customer focus.
Built on four core values – Communication, Collaboration, Composition and Sustainability – The Lunz Group is a values driven, design-forward, client-centered firm. We believe in adding value to the built environment for our clients and our communities. We provide a high level of service and the solutions are consistent, well designed, and sustainable. We strive to innovate through our design process, managing the unknowns and planning for tomorrow.