The Lunz Group is seeking a highly innovative and skilled candidate that thrives in a creative and collaborative setting to join our team in our Lakeland Office. Currently we are in search of a Medical Planner who will be responsible for leading the medical planning effort for the successful completion of complex healthcare facilities. This candidate will provide master planning, programming, design, and medical planning. This role involves the direct communication with clients and client representatives in order to understand the project requirements and goals and will represent the firm as a subject matter expert.
Seniority Level: Mid- to Senior-Level
Location: Lakeland, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities of Architectural Medical Planner:
- Provide medical planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
- Participates in user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Provides technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
- Ensures project inter-disciplinary and quality control coordination.
- Develops architectural drawings to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
- Supervises other team members in conjunction with project managers.
- May lead periodical project meetings and presentations; ensure client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
- Actively participates in industry associations to ensure visibility.
- Promotes the principles of sustainability and LEED/GGP.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Assists in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers, and project team members.
- Assists in the design development, modification and/or review of medical planning concepts and solutions.
- Assists in establishing overall project budgets and milestone schedules in coordination with project managers, architect, and project engineers.
- Coordinate with various consultants to implement medical planning
- Assist in the development of standard materials that describe the portfolio, systems, processes, and people of the Healthcare Group.
Qualifications of Architectural Medical Planner:
- Experience and high working knowledge of REVIT Architecture and AutoCAD Architecture.
- Experience and high working knowledge of interfacing with REVIT Structure and MEP
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- High level of proficiency and understanding of 3D parametric modeling
- Excellent understanding of 3D parametric modeling to maximize the benefits of an integrated building model.
- Thorough understanding of building components for modeling structural components intelligently and efficiently to ensure the integrity of the structural model.
- Strong working knowledge of drawing production, standard construction techniques and principles.
- Excellent skills in relation to rendering and graphic formats and their manipulation and output.
- Experience in Rhino, Grasshopper, TEKLA, and data exchanges between BIM platforms is preferred.
Beyond responsibilities and qualifications, it is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to collaborate, communicate, solve problems as well as have a strong customer focus.
Built on six core values – Composition, Communication, Collaboration, Sustainability, Accountability and Resilience – The Lunz Group is a values driven, design-forward, client-centered firm. We believe in adding value to the built environment for our clients and our communities. We provide a high level of service and the solutions are consistent, well designed, and sustainable. We strive to be leaders in design innovation, solving for today’s realities while planning for tomorrow’s.